You may be asking yourself, especially if you’re a new homeschool family,” How do you have P.E. in the winter time”? So today I will talk about some of our favorite things we do as a family for physical education in the winter.
Physical Education in the Winter:
- YMCA Membership: This is the best money spent for our homeschool/lifestyle. Our local YMCA allows kids to take a course and be able to use most of the exercise equipment. My 14-year-old loves going and working out on the elliptical, my youngest plays in the toddler room, my six-year-old plays in the Adventure Center ( which is like a huge obstacle course), and my 12-year-old runs and plays basketball. I love it because I get a little me time too. We all get healthy together. they offer winter sport programs. They offer winter sport programs for most ages as well.
- Local Forest: On the warmer winter days we really like to go to a local forest and walk on the gravel trails. We also like to Geocache when we go. I will tell you all about Geocaching in an upcoming post. Just getting outside and going for a good hike is great for everyone and it clears the mind. So go check out your local forests.
- Co-op: Our local Co-op offers a P.E. class. You may want to search for a local co-op that will offer P.E. or any other sport type class.
- Local Sport Programs: Many churches offer winter leagues for various sports all winter long. Call churches or the YMCA in your area and sign up for some fun sports.
- Online Exercise: If you own a Roku or a similar streaming television you can do free or paid for exercise programs right on your t.v. and on demand. We really like Daily Burn, we have a free 30 day trail, and my kids really like it. They fight over which workout to do. It takes care of their energy and gets all of us moving. Just search exercise and a bunch of options will pop up. Just make sure you know what your sign up for, free or paid.
I hope you can find something on this list that you can do with your family for P.E. Do you have a favorite way to get your P.E. in that wasn’t on the list above? If so please let all of my readers know what they are, we would love to hear it!