I was given a free sample of Crate Expectations to review. All opinions are 100% my own.
When I heard about craft crates I had no idea what I was missing. We love crafts in our home but finding the supplies and time was never easy. I have a 6 year-old that loves any type of crafts she can get her hands on, but she has a mom that gets instant anxiety thinking about everything that you need for them. So when Mary from Crate Expectations asked me review her craft crates I was excited.
Let’s just say crafting does not come easy for me.
I wanted to find time for fun in our homeschool day, and I thought these crafts would be perfect to break up the day.
They were perfect.
My daughter would start the day making one of the crafts from the crate, and then another craft when her work was finished. This motivated her to keep working hard on her school work, plus I had a wonderful time spending fun silly moments with her that we normally wouldn’t schedule out in our day.
What we received:
The Christmas Crate which included the following crafts
- Gingerbread House Lantern
- Chalk Christmas Countdown Jar
- Santa Hat Prop
- Santa Bread Photo Prop
- Elf Hat Photo Prop
- Peanuts Magnetic Photo Frame
- Color-Your-Own Nativity Puzzle
- 3D Star Ornament ( Which we made and she gave this to her Grandpa for a gift)
- Rainbow Garland
There are more than just crafts too, Mary has included 3 Holiday Helpers for even more Christmas fun!
- Christmas Bucket List (26 fun thing to do as a family for Christmas time)
- Christmas Snapshot Scavenger Hunt
- Christmas Chatter Card
When the crate arrived in the mail we were so excited to open the box. In the crates Mary includes everything you need for the crafts to be completed. (Except for basic supplies like glue, glue sticks, tape…..you can buy those through her etsy store as well.)
The Winter Crate is just as amazing! These items are included:
- Chinese Dragon Marionette Puppet
- “Love is Brave” Wooden Sign
- Popcorn Catapult
- Mardi Gras Feather Mask
- Lincoln Penny Monogram
- Snowman LED Candle
- Star Mailbox
- Woodland Deer Shadowbox Magnet
- “Let It Snow” Banner
- Wrapped Helper Cards:1. Winter Bucket List: Winter must-do’s to keep your family active and celebrating all season long
2. Winter Chatter Card: conversation starter questions to spark family chatter, ranging from the heartfelt to the hilarious!
3. Winter Snapshot Scavenger Hunt: a list of items to capture in snapshots throughout the season
4. Holiday List: a complete list of winter holidays, so you won’t miss a chance to celebrate!
Mary from Crate Expectations had this to say about the crates:
My hope is that Crate Expectations will enable moms to spend more time actually making memories with their kids and less time planning to make memories. Each crate provides a whole season’s worth of crafts and activities… all in ONE box.
*10 Ready-to-Build Crafts & Activities
*Seasonal Bucket Lists
*Snapshot Scavenger Hunts
*Conversation Sparker Chatter Cards
*Complete Lists of Holidays
The Crates also include access to online resources:
(1) YouTube instructional videos guide families through each project step by step, and
(2) Teachable Moments printables give parents the option of enhancing projects with faith-based lessons.
So by now your probably wondering where you can get your hands on one of these wonderful crates?
You can find her store here: The Lighted Branch
You can also find her on Facebook: Facebook Page
and on YouTube here: The Lighted Branch on YouTube
She has Christmas Crates and Winter Crates in her store now.
The Christmas Crates will need to be ordered by December 13th 2015 to arrive before Christmas.
We will be ordering from The Lighted Branch every season!
She also has a subscription service for the crates, when you subscribe you save 20% off each crate!
Here are some pictures of our craft time with Crate Expectations!